Nov 23, 2010

How to Destroy the RFID Chip in Your Driver's License

Me and my husband travel all year round. For some reason we used to get pulled over by the police surprisingly often. We thought it's because we have another state's register plate and our windows are tinted black - maybe we look suspicious to their paranoid sensitive eye.

A friend of ours got into legal trouble and since then used to get followed and pulled over by the cops constantly. The police can actually have a machine that detects signals from a flagged RFID (radio frequency identification) chip embedded in your driver's license. Our friend understood that they must have flagged his chip because of the legal issue. But once he grabbed a hammer and smacked the heck out of the chip, all police hassle on the road was gone. Almost miraculously.

So we figured out that for some reason or another, we too must have a flagged microchip signaling out wherever we drove or parked. Since we destroyed the chip, we've had ZERO trouble with getting pulled over for no reason. It's been over six months now. On average we got pulled over at least once a month.

I checked the Homeland Security website but didn't find info on which states have these "enhanced driver's licenses" as of yet.

Ok boys and girls, this is what you need to do to destroy the chip in an unnoticeable manner:

1. Put your driver's license in the microwave for 5 seconds. We did for 10 seconds.
2. Put it back into your wallet or wherever you keep it and smile knowing that your privacy just increased.




11 comments:

Sister Minna said...

"1.We did for 10 seconds."

lol just to be sure! amazing trick, i'm glad u found out why the harassment was happening and got rid of the big brother in ur license. amazing!
and horrible at the same time, how could that be? only in america i suppose, land of the FREE!

Dig the photo u posted.

~Haley~ said...

I just posted this on my Facebook status so that all my friends could see it. The government blows my mind more & more everyday. And NOT in a good way!

Bhakti Omwoods said...

Yeah! But that's the same kind of chip that's probably in your passport too. The EU is not that far from totally horrible policies either. Better watch out ;)

Anyhow, I've been thinking today, if I'm free inside, meaning that I'm open and honest, first of all to myself, then that's real freedom. For freedom, you can't really count on anyone/anything outside of you. I'm going to be the first and last one binding myself to misconceptions, untruths, conditionings, ultimately the material world, unless I decide to wake up and Live. How does it go, "free your mind and your ass will follow" :D

Bhakti Omwoods said...

Haley, cool! Yeah there is no limit to insensible ideas by our so-called leaders. You know the next step is to insert the chip into our bodies? Already I've seen it advertised - chip your baby so you'll always know where your kid is located! And the moms interviewed were like, "Yes! Wonderful!"

mariannesisko said...

oh nou mitä meninkiä...

Shekinah said...

I had no idea there was a chip. Does this go for Canadian licences as well? Microwave it is! Just in case.

Bhakti Omwoods said...

Shekinah, I don't know about Canada... It's hard to find accurate information about this. Not a bad idea to give your license a slight radiation 'just in case' :D My DL just expired - when I get a new one I'll break the one I have now and post pics of the stupid chip.

Anonymous said...

What about credit cards? do they have them?...and will it destroy the card from being used?

Thanks:)

Bhakti Omwoods said...

I wouldn't mess with credit cards.. Might break something useful in it most likely. American (I think a lot of the European too) have a chip in them but it's illegal (at least in the US) to alter or damage it in anyway. So I wouldn't do that.

UPDATE: My husband reminded me that we actually toasted our driver's license for 1 full minute, not just 10 seconds. And it didn't cause any external damage whatsoever.

Matt Kocubinski said...

Hm.. this is pretty weird. As an engineer I can tell you that what you're talking about is impossible.

A chip small enough to fit in a drivers licence would need to have a) an external power source, and b) an antennae larger than the card, to come anywhere close to being able to be read by a police officer in another car.

These chips are meant for close-range, ID verification, just like a bar-code.

So, in summary, we don't have the tech to do what you're describing.

Bhakti Omwoods said...

Matt, I heard they don't need to use chips anymore for chipping business, the technology has "advanced" and they have developed ink that does the same job that a chip would... I don't know if that's in use anywhere yet.

But I'm sure the tech to do a lot of things that are not known of in the mainstream indeed DOES exist. Maybe you're right about the driver's license, I'm just describing our experience and what I've heard which is totally not perfect knowledge. But my experience, and other's experience.

There is the tech to create rain, or other natural phenomena, or supposed-to-be-natural phenomena :| That's what currently bugs me the most.